- Access class during scheduled class time (or as determined by teacher) when possible. Example: your teacher may require you to log on to your computer for her 8:30 class and watch for the entire 90 minute block. This may not occur every day, but MAY be required.
- Make note of your teachers’ planning periods so that you may reach out with questions during their times of availability. Turn in assignments on time as determined by teacher (penalties for late submissions will be the same for virtual students as face to face students).
- Attend scheduled Teams meetings as determined by teacher.
- Login to Schoology every weekday to check assignments, due dates, and announcements.
- Maintain accountability for work: receive grades based on the same criteria and grading scale as face-to-face students.
- Independently complete work and follow the Putnam County Schools Code of Conduct.
- When on Teams meetings, practice classroom etiquette: clothing, language, and communications should be school appropriate as determined by the WHS Student Handbook. Any student on camera should ensure that his or her background is free from distractions and/ or inappropriate materials such as weapons, posters containing inappropriate content, or additional materials that would be prohibited in a school environment.
- Parents of any student whose grade falls below a C will be contacted by the teacher and the school counselor to develop a plan of action. Scheduled noon tutoring may be available for additional support.
Class Expectations for Virtual Students
SEP 07, 2020