New Student Registration
Before you arrive at Winfield High School, check with Putnam County Schools at 304-586-0500 to ensure that you live in the Winfield High School district.
To minimize your wait time, please contact Winfield High School at 304-586-3279 in advance to let us know that you will need assistance with new student registration.
If you are transferring from another Putnam County school, please bring the following items:
- Proof of residency showing the parent/guardian name
- Driver's License of the parent/guardian
- Withdrawal grades and course schedule from former school
- Custody documents (if applicable)
If you are transferring from another WV county or from another state, you will need to bring the following additional items:
- Social Security card
- Birth certificate
- School transcripts
- Current record of immunizations
- TB test results
- IEP or 504 (if applicable)
- If you are involved in athletics governed by the WVSSAC, you will need to ensure you are meeting all eligibility requirements. You can contact the athletic director, Will Isaacs, at 304-586-3279 extension 4344.
- If you will be enrolling as a senior, you will need proof of one or two doses of MCV4 and Tdap booster before enrolling.
- Winfield High School operates on a block schedule with four courses in the fall semester and four courses in the spring semester. If you transfer from a school with a different type of course schedule during a current school year, this may affect your credits.
- Students do not receive weighted credits for honors courses in Putnam County Schools. Weighted credits will be given for AP courses.